The Department of Civil Engineering was established in 2008 - the youngest department in GMIT - and has since, in such a short stint, shot up into a centre of excellence in B.E in Civil Engineering by producing 5 batches who are working as Engineers in various streams of Civil Engineering.
In addition to expertise teaching, the Department also offers the best practical knowledge with State-of-the-art laboratories. Students are also encouraged to take up live projects as a part of their final semester curriculum so that they can get a hands-on experience before they get placed.
To Create Civil Engineers with necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes who can be trusted by the society in building the Nation.
1. To provide the knowledge about emerging technologies in the areas of civil engineering.
2. To impart design skills in infrastructure development for the betterment of the society.
3. To promote research activities and develop entrepreneurs.
1. To prepare competent engineering professionals, able to apply their technical and managerial skills in planning, designing, construction, operation and maintenance of civil works.
2. To enhance engineering and managerial skills which will enable them to work as leaders and team members leading to become professional licensure entrepreneurs.
3. To create lifelong learning ambience and prepare them for pursuing higher education.
1. The Graduates will be able to excel in the core areas of civil engineering such as structural, transportation, environmental and water resource engineering.
2. The Graduates will be able to manage natural resources and provide sustainable solutions to the Civil Engineering Problems.
Several activities are conducted under the banner of PYRAMID Click here to view
Assistant Professor & HoD,
Dept.of Civil Engineering
Ph.No.08192233345,233377,252777 Ext 120, 143