Worldwide research is drastic in the field of Biotechnology and Bio engineering. To cater to the global requirement of trained manpower, university has introduced Biotechnology course in Engineering with a view to blend the Biosciences and technology for better yield and results.
Keeping this vision, the management has introduced this course during the academic year 2002-03. The Department is emphasizing on imparting knowledge in various fields like chemical engineering including unit operations, Momentum transfer and Bioprocess engineering, Molecular biology, Genetic engineering, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, Genomics and Proteomics, Upstream processing and Downstream processing technology, Nanotechnology , Drug design , Immunology etc.
Highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff members are being involved in teaching the students with in depth technical knowledge. Well-equipped and sophisticated laboratories are the center of attraction in the department. The lab provides a basic foundation for the project work. Another major strength of the department is its extensive collection of Technical Books, Periodicals and Journals that helps the staff and students to acquire their knowledge with latest technology developments. Eminent scientists and experts are invited from various industries to interact with our students, contributing an insight into practical application areas.
The post graduate Programme M.Tech (Bioinformatics) has been introduced during the academic year 2011-12.
Department is recognized as research center by VTU from 2008. Two students have obtained M.Sc Engg. by Research degree from our research center.
It is our privilege to mention that three of our M.Tech students have secured first rank with gold medal and second Rank respectively in the University Examinations of VTU 2014, 3rd Rank in 2015.
GENELIX the forum of Biotechnology department is actively involved in organizing seminar by eminent scientists and researchers, Technical quiz, Debate, Model exhibitions, Poster presentation, Seminars, Group discussions etc, which help the students in developing their personality and perform well in campus interviews and getting the lucarative placements.
To impart Civil Engineering knowledge through quality training throughout the course and hence develop a workforce of Civil Engineering graduates who can be trusted globally.
1. By empowering the students to analyse, design and develop solution to the real world problems with the concepts and latest knowledge of Civil Engineering.
2. To inculcate design skills, investigation and application techniques providing the knowledge of research methodology.
3. By gradual transformation of students into socially responsible professionals with ethics and entrepreneurable skills.
1. To become competent and engaged engineering professionals, applying their technical and managerial skills in the planning, design, construction, operation or maintenance of the built environment and global infrastructure.
2. To enhance entrepreneurial, communication and other soft skills, which will enable them to work as leaders, team members and contribute to nation building for the betterment of the society.
3. Graduates will produce engineering designs that are based on sound principles and that consider functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
4. Graduates will exhibit interest in lifelong learning including studies leading to professional licensure or an advanced degree in engineering that provides for continued development of their technical abilities and management skills and attainment of professional expertise.
Several activities are conducted under the banner of PYRAMID Click here to view
Dept.of Civil Engineering
Ph.No.08192233345,233377,252777 Ext 120, 143