The department was started in the year 2001. The department is progressing dynamically in both academic and research areas. Currently the department offers a 4-year Under Graduate B.E degree in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 60 students, under the affiliation of Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
The objective is to educate, train and develop world class research and IT professionals with a mastery of not only hardware and software skills but also soft skills for professional success. The Department is well equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories in the areas of Computing, Systems Programming, File Systems, Computer Networking, Microprocessor and Electronic Circuits along with a department library.
The Department has CSE Forum called "Falcon" which provides a platform for students to showcase their talents in both technical and extracurricular activities. The Forum helps in all-round development of the students through various Technical and non-Technical activities conducted throughout the year. The faculties of the department are actively involved in research activities in various technical areas. The department is regularly conducting workshops for faculty and students.
To build excellent Technocrats in Computer Science and Engineering by continuously striving for excellence in IT industry to meet the challenges of society.
1. To train students by adopting effective teaching-learning approach.
2. To establish collaborative learning approach with Industry and Professional bodies.
3. To develop engineers with Professional-Social ethics and creative Research Culture.
1. Graduates able to apply the knowledge of Basics Science and Core Computer science to analyze and solve real world problems.
2. Graduates possess professional skills needed for IT employment and pursue higher education in Computer Science and Engineering.
3. Graduates engage in life-long learning and adapt to changing Environment.
4. Graduates who can succeed as an individual or team leader in multidisciplinary avenues.
* Use new technology in solving professional problems.
* Competent in problem solving techniques.
* Use the creativity and software design knowledge in the development of Information & Technology.
Several activities are conducted under the banner of FALCON Click here to view
Dr. SANJAY PANDE M B
Professor & Head of the Department,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
GM Institute of Technology,
PB Road, Davangere
Ph.No.08192233345,233377,252777 Ext 133